Thank You Letter Email - Format & Sample
In 7 minutes you’ll know how to write the best thank you email after an interview. And it matters a lot:
You can send a thank you letter email within 24 hours after an interview.
Sending a thank you email after an interview is a good chance to stand out among other candidates and show your interest and motivation. You just need to make sure to personalize your thank you email as much as possible and be yourself.
In case you’ve come up with any interesting suggestions or ideas after an interview, a thank you email is a great way to share them.
In this article, you’ll find:
- How to write a thank you letter email that will dazzle every interviewer.
- Sample thank you letter email after an interview you can copy, adjust, and use.
Let's get started with the set of guidelines or tips which can help you to in understanding the format of thank you letter email.
Here's why it's a good idea.
- Not everyone will do this so it's an simple way to stand out among other candidates who are getting interviewed for the exact same position.
- It allows you a chance to display your ability to follow up
- By sending it within a few hours, it displays urgency
- It shows your interest level in the job position. Sometimes it's difficult for the interviewer to tell if you're just kicking the tires or if this is the position you want.
- It's an opportunity to keep the interviewer engaged after the initial talks.
- According to a recent data, 1 in 5 recruiters or hiring managers will automatically dismiss a candidate if they haven’t sent an interview thank you email to them.
- Also some survey stats revealed that 80% HR managers consider thank you emails helpful for reaching the final hiring decision.
How to write the best thank you letter email after an interview
Email subject line
Include your hiring manager or interviewer name along with thank you in the message's subject line.
If possible, address your email to hiring manager. If you’ve interviewed by multiple persons, send personalized thank-you notes to each of them.
Express your appreciation
Open with a “thank you!” as it’s a “thank you email”. Be sincere when expressing appreciation. Indicate that you care about the time the interviewers spent with you along with position you applied for, so a busy recruiter can quickly recall you..
Show your interest in the job
Let interviewer know you’re genuinely eager to join. Make sure to mention your interest in your thank you email.
Refer to something specific you discussed during an interviews
Discover what’s particularly interesting to you about the job position and explain them why.
This way, you’ll make your thank you letter email after an interview feel more personalized.
You can also provide any additional information and remind them about the established response deadline.
Thank them again. Use a polite on the brink of log off your letter, like "Regards" or "Sincerely." Then, mention your full name.
You can also include your email signature, which is a simple thanks to provide contact information to recipients.
Best thank you letter email sample
Email Subject Line: Thank You [Interviewer’s Name]!
Hello [Interviewer’s Name],
I want to take a moment to thank you for taking the time to speak to me about the position of [the position you’re applying for] with [Company Name] today. It was truly motivating to have such a meaningful conversation with someone who shares my approach to [business activities you discussed] and to know about your industry insights.
I would be a great fit for your company and want to reiterate my interest in this job position. I could see myself excited to take on this challenge and believe I could be a great asset to the team.
If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Thanks again and have a great day!
[Your full name]
Final Thoughts on Thank You Letter Email
In this article, we’ve learned how to write a best yet simple thank you email after an interview.
Personalize your email as much as possible, express your appreciation, add value, show your interest in in the position, close your message friendly, double check everything, and decide the right time for sending it.
We hope these guidelines will help you land your dream job.